Monday, January 11, 2016

Design Wall Monday, 11 January 2016

Seems I've been, and still am, a bit disjointed lately.  I'm scattered, here, there, bouncing off the walls if you will, and totally unsettled with my projects.

First I pulled out my Black Tie Party bow ties, and showed them a few days ago. 
I rearranged grouping identical blocks, and sets yet to becom blocks.  Now I know what I have.
Before that, I had cut and prepared the pieces for Allietare (mystery quilt that's no longer a mystery).  My friend gets back around the 24th so we can plan on getting started on it then.  

You all know from my last two posts about my quilt room issues - perhaps more than you ever wanted to know.  I at least decided to start somewhere so pulled out a small bin from hiding underneath the small desk/cutting table hidey-hole.  It contained some fabric pieces that needed to be stripped and put away.  Somewhere along the process of doing that, I came across my Scrap O' Nine Tales.  I started that as my Let's Book It project two years ago in January 2014 @ Vrooman's Quilts
9-Patch blocks, finished size will measure 2 1/4" square.
I reviewed where I left off, and planned where I wanted to go with the project, and determined I still needed to cut a whole lot of scrap fabric.  
6 1/4" strip will give 5 squares, 5" strips will 4 squares for the 9-P blocks.  The strips are cut at 1 1/4".
Well, I'd been cutting scraps anyway, and this fit perfectly into that plan, so that's what I'm working on today.

Head on over to Patchwork Times to see what other projects are out there.

1 comment:

  1. Prep work takes lots of time. But when the strips are cut and waiting, piecing goes so quickly. Good luck with your studio.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...