Used Year to Date: 18.4 yards
Added This Week: 5 yards
Added Year to Date: 63.02 yards
Linking @ Patchwork Times
This week equated to a net change of .2 (1/5) yard of fabric IN rather than out.
I used 4.8 yards in making some more pillowcases:
I bought this fabric oh-so-many years ago with Nick in mind because he was quite into playing with Hot Wheels cars - he has well over a hundred of them and several discs for the computer game. They're all packed up now, along with the special raceways and track sets that many of them were part of; saved for that time when nostalgia kicks in.
When I showed him the pillow cases for the grandchildren, he was really impressed and thought they were "really cool", so that gave me the idea of making a set for him, and finally using this fabric. Perhaps this will help inspire his lazy parents (moi!) to paint his room to go along with these pillowcases. He's 17 and it's never been repainted :/
The cuff is dark blue (not black) and the trim is a blue and green plaid. I'm hoping these will still be a hit with him even if he's outgrown the Hot Wheels; he's still very much into cars, especially exotics or classics. He saw one on the freeway the other day that he'd never seen before and was really jazzed about it.
I also made a set of pillowcases for my daughter and son-in-law. They're a Christmas motif, but I haven't taken a picture of them yet.
Incoming fabrics totaled five yards. I purchased two yards of the necessary gray for the Allietare mystery quilt, and three yards of a medium-sized chicken wire pattern on black to use as the backing for my Rooster quilt, originally written up over on my DOOW blog in 2012 - yeah, it's a long-running project. Maybe I can cross off some of those UFOs in 2016 - it would be nice to have some real quilting accomplishments.