Sunday, October 5, 2014

Stash Report - Week 40, 2014

This week I pulled out another one of those starts from last year.  This one was Gathered Over Time and I've already written a couple of things about it this week, so I won't bore you with too many more details.

It was an easy quilt; simple 9-patch units and solid squares set on point.  There were quarter-square triangles to set off the ends of each row, and half-square triangles to finish the four corners. 

The amount of fabric required for this quilt, not counting backing or binding, was 4.2 yards total of light and dark scraps for the 9-Ps and for the solid (tone-on-tone) squares as the background.  That is the amount I'm counting out of my stash though a small portion of that went back into scrap circulation as I'm a frugal cutter.

Here's the finished flimsy.  It measures about 58 x 70.  I laid it out on my living room floor and stood up on the sofa arm to take the photo. 

Used This Week: 4.2 yards 
Used Year to Date: 15.62 yards  
Added This Week: 0 yards  
Added Year to Date: 75.81 yards  
Net Used Added for 2014: 60.19 yards   
               
Linking @ Patchwork Times

1 comment:

  1. Great quilt. I like how the darker squares kept my eyes dancing all over it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...