Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year

2017 is upon us and you're probably pretty tired of hearing and reading about how quickly those years are changing on the calendar.  They sure do though, don't they?

Upon checking all things on my computer, before once again hitting online church (in my defense of not making it in person, I was experiencing quite a bit of sciatic discomfort again so stayed home).  Sitting in a pew for nearly two hours with sciatic pain is not on my list of joy.  At home, I can stand and stretch or move about frequently with my headphones tethering me to my computer.

Bonnie at Quiltville provided us the final clues and the reveal of the 2016 mystery quilt.  While it's a little more purple than fits my personal preferences, it is a beautiful pattern, and I'm enjoying the process.  I'm looking forward to getting it together and put into the queue for the quilting process....before I die I hope!

Judy at Patchwork Times selected the first UFO to work on for 2017.  It falls within one my top three (those are the ones already layered and pinned), and it's a wall-hanging size, so I'm hoping I can get it finished.  My #3 is my Loveland Log Cabin.  
Loveland Log Cabin
I started this quilt in October of 2009.  Remember how quickly the years pass?  It's been pinned since February 2010.  Remember how quickly the years pass?  That's almost embarrassing!  It seems only months ago.  Well, send prayers for strength, energy and determination to get it finished, I need them.  My biggest hold up has been deciding how to quilt it.  Maybe echoed hearts?  Need to practice that FMQ stuff.

Wouldn't it be nice if I did get it finished in January so that it could hang on my wall in time for Valentine's Day?  That was a goal I once had; to have a themed wall-hanging quilt for each month and/or special holiday throughout the year.  I have the perfect wall which can be seen straight ahead as you enter my door.  I have Christmas wall-hangings that I hang, and when it isn't Christmas, I have my very first quilt, an Alex Anderson sampler that takes up that space, but I've no others done.

May 2017 be the best year, and may all we say and do bring glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...