One reason for not having any quilty stuff to report on was that I was busy with genealogy (you can read about that at DOoW. Why that's a problem is that typically, I spread out everywhere on every SURFACE with papers and would have to put them away in order to sew. So, I hadn't sewn in over a month.
But, guess what that meant! Rearranging! Again! I know, I know, but something had to work so that when I do genealogy, I don't have to put it away to sew, and vice-versa. Each time I'd put the one away to work on the other, I'd have to completely review and figure out where I left off. I needed a better solution.
From previous posts, you know all about my Creation Station space and the dilemmas of arrangement with the furnishings I have. Well, something came to mind one day, I pulled out my tape measure and realized 'it will fit' in the way I was considering. Ultimately the problem was more that I didn't want my back to the door than anything else so I had been limiting my options.
|Against the wall, under the window - no free SURFACE space.|
|No open space on this SURFACE!|
|There's a raise-able shelf behind the door.|
|Pretty crowded SURFACEs here too|
The new arrangement actually provides a more open feel as I enter the room. Now, on to some sewing progress. I pulled out my Allietare bin and got to work. I progressed through a couple of the steps.
|more Allietare parts|
I know all looks very cluttered in my Creation Station, but I can work in it. Both sewing and genealogy can be accomplished. In time, as I progress with my projects, it will get better. Still need wall cabinet(s) to replace the shelves next to the portable sewing table (see the 4th picture - either direction). It'll hold the supplies that don't need to be out on the surfaces. I have hope it will look better in the future, and I'll be more productive with both of my hobbies now that I can leave both works in progress out all the time.