Thursday, December 3, 2015

Golden? Silence

I just haven't been doing anything crafty.  Rather, I spent far too long organizing and updating my stamp collection.  Then I started working again on some of my dad's paperwork for his 2015 taxes, and that, along with normal daily stuff, is all I've been doing.

My plan was to resume some quiltiness once the Quiltville Mystery Quilt was released, and I'm itching to get started on it, but my friend Panda wants to do it along with me and she's going to be pretty much tied up and/or gone until nearly the end of January, so guess what...I'm holding off on starting Allietare! until she's back, so by then, it will no longer be a mystery-at least to me.  That can be good or bad - what if I decide I don't want to do it after I see the reveal?  We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.  Then again, maybe I'll at least do the cutting for each step when required so that on the days I go to her house, I don't have to mess with cutting, I can just sew to my heart's content. 

Our power was out the entire day on Tuesday (a planned outage for upgrades in the area) so I spent the day with Panda.  We went to JoAnn's and a wee bit of yardage jumped off a bolt into the cart.  I'll add that on Sunday's stash report.

I'm tired of paper and paperwork, so maybe I'll clear it all off my work surface for a week or two and just remind my dad or whomever, that taxes aren't due until April and call it good for now ;p .

I want to sew!!


1 comment:

  1. And sew you should! The only time I ever started a mystery quilt I could tell by the third month that I was going to hate the finished product so never went any further, and when the final layout was revealed, it was as awful as I had thought. Moral of the story, sometimes you're better off waiting for the reveal before committing fabric and time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...