Sunday, July 20, 2014

Stash Report – Week 29, 2014

Hooray!! I have some fabric being counted as out of my stash this week.  It was actually out last week, but since I was still winding down from quilt camp, I didn't get a post in, so it's here now. 

Used This Week: 3.5 yards 
Used Year to Date: 3.5 yards  
Added This Week: 0 yards  
Added Year to Date: 0 yards  
Net Used for 2014: -35.10 yards                  
Linking @ Patchwork Times

I had purchased this project as a kit in December 2009.  It's called 'Stairstepper' by Pressed For Time Quiltworks and is a bargello design.  All fabric except the backing and batting was included so I take no credit for the coordination of the fabrics.

While still at home down south, I had prepped all the fabric that came with the kit and cut the strips and other specific sized pieces.  At quilt camp, those strips were sewn together and then cut further and then those segments were sewn in a specific manner incorporating the other pieces I'd cut earlier.  It went together quickly and easily, and best of all, there were no seams to match!  I haven't had that ease in awhile!  

I'm not sure why I waited so long to do this little quilt (42 x 63); perhaps I thought it looked more time-consuming from the pattern picture, or maybe from the designer's instructions than it truly was.  Total time to make this to the flimsy stage was 14 hours including prepping the fabric, pre-cutting, and working in an environment of sweet gabbing women (read: distractions).  Included also was the time taken to have to unsew a few pieces because, when using fat quarters, they don't all measure 18"x22", therefore, sometimes you don't get out of them what the instructions want you to cut.  One of the fabrics was apparently just that much less which equaled nearly 1/4" too narrow in cutting them after the strips were sewn.  Not to worry, there was some fabric left that I could cut the needed three rectangular pieces from and all was good. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely bargello. And lovely fabrics, even if you can't claim choosing them. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...