I wrote about this one back in January, here. I pulled it out again the other night and refreshed myself as to what was going on when I put it away.
The project is a pattern called Twisted Sisters by Ami Simms.
I still cannot get the block to come out accurately. I have remeasured everything.
I have taken seams apart, in some instances more than once, and
resewn. I've tried narrowing my 1/4" seams. I've tried increasing my
1/4" seams. I don't know what else I can do. I've checked her site for
errata, thinking maybe one of the measurements is off, but I find
These are two of my original photos. See how the seams don't line up correctly on both the above and below photos? On the upper photo, I completed the block just to see if all four sides would be off, and yes, they are.
My stack of 'chunks' ready to be trimmed to the template. I need to recheck each seam so that it lines up with the template, shown in the photo below.
But even with all four "wedges" matched precisely, when added to the center square, they are still off. I thought about trimming the finished blocks to just square them up, but if I do, that will cause each block to be offset from each other block where the seams are supposed to meet.
So at this point, it is ALL going to go into a box and get stuffed into the closet to think about at such time as I can spend hours to re-structure, re-sew, re-think. That effort is not going to happen right now, and I'm going to move on to something that will bring me joy.
If you've had any experience with this pattern, I'd love to hear from you.