Sunday, January 19, 2014

Stash Report - No. 3 - 2014

Reporting in for my usage/additions of fabric for this third week of January. I haven't done much sewing all week with my attempts at organizing and cleaning things up a bit.  In doing that here in the Sanctuary, I came across a fairly small piece of fabric in my stash and decided it really just isn't suitable for quilting.  It is so thin that I don't think it's usable in much of anything, and it only amounts to .15 yard, so it's out of my stash, and into the trimmings bucket that will either be used as stuffing for a pet mat or donated to someone who does such things here in my guild. 

You can see the size of that trimmings bucket, it's nearly as big as the grocery bag (recycled paper trash) and my regular trash bin.  I've lined it with a plastic bag so that when it's full I need only pull the bag out rather than attempt to dump it into a bag and get cotton dust all over the place.  I'm very happy to be caught up on cutting up my scraps into strips and squares.  My strips bin is almost full again, so I'll have to plan another log cabin.  I left some scrap pieces in big pieces and will cut them later if I need them, to whatever size the need is.

Used This Week: .15 yards 
Used Year to Date: 0 yards  
Added This Week: 0 yards  
Added Year to Date: 0 yards  
Net Used for 2014: .15 yards

Linking up at Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...