Sunday, January 5, 2014

Blocks Done

Today I finished the individual blocks for Celtic Solstice.  Wow!  I've pinned some up on my design wall in the layout given, but only as 7 blocks by 4 blocks ... just enough to get an idea of how it'll look.  I have, of course, seen images of many others since the reveal was made on New Years at midnight but I was anxious to see how mine was going to look.  Some of you out there don't waste time finishing at all and are already finished up to and/or through borders, and I think I've even seen a picture of a few who have theirs quilted!

As I sit here typing and looking up at the blocks on the wall, all I keep thinking is "Wow!".  It's bold, it's bright, it's busy, it's beautiful!  I have a lot of the 'same fabrics' together or close-by each other but there's so much going on in this scrappy quilt that it isn't obvious, so I don't think I'll be doing any block-shuffling.  Each block will fit right where it ends up.

This picture does not do it justice.  Oh, ignore that very top row of star-points; that's a row of Sister's Choice blocks that I've been keeping up on the design wall...I love looking at them and it's a bit like having a wall-paper border on that wall.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...