Sunday, November 20, 2016

Stash Report Sunday - 20 November 2016 - Week 47

While yesterday was productive in finding a magenta fabric for En Provence, I'm not entirely sure I'm 100% in love with it.  Having visited three different stores out of town, not to mention the Joann's, Hobby Lobby and a fabric-carrying craft store in my town, I found but two that seemed to match the choice given us (and I had a piece of the actual fabric with me so had the true color in hand) and that I liked. I purchased one of the two. I may still change it out...I have one other small piece of a different fabric that's close to the original, so maybe I'll have two different magenta pieces to make up that "constant".  Of the original, I have only the equivalent of about 1/3 yard.
Magenta?
In the above photo are the fabric Bonnie Hunter used, and the one I purchased.  Also shown are her paint chip (center) which she said was too light, and subsequent chips that are much closer, though light from the flash absorbs into the fabric, but bounces off the paint chips so thus the difference in their color.  I'm thinking my fabric is just too intense, compared to all the other fabric colors, it seems it would really pop...maybe it's supposed to. 
Purchased since my last report.
Also purchased yesterday were the lavender in front since I was low on lavenders, and the dotted/striped fabric that I thought would make a cute binding for some other quilt.  The lavender in back was purchased a couple weeks ago.  All of this is only 2.75 yards.

Used This Week: 0 yards
Added This Week:  2.75 yards
Used 2016: 0 yards
Added 2016: 19.85 yards

Linking at Patchwork Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...