Sunday, April 19, 2015

Stash Report Sunday - Week 16, 2015

Looking back, I haven't given a stash update since mid-February.  I know, I've only posted a few times since then too.  I'd written up a post for the DOOW side, but then decided to not post it.  And I announced my granddaughter's birth here on WOT instead of over on DOOW. BTW, her name here will be Aurora (her middle name).

A couple weeks ago, a quilt store not too terribly far away, yet far enough that it takes something special for me to get there (about a 40-minute drive), was having a give-away on Facebook.  I won the prize...20 fat quarters from the Robert Kaufman Fusions Collection 'Garden'.  There are actually 40 designs in the collection, so I received half that amount, a $65 value!  

10 : blues, red, gray, lavender
10 : greens, pinks, yellow, oranges


I also bought one yard each of two other fabrics.  One is a very pretty Jacobean pink print on black with a 'lacy-look' design by Kaufman, and the other a dotted circle neutral in taupe grays on cream by Moda. 

The fabrics have been washed, folded, logged and stashed.  Now, deciding what next to work on.   I have my Rooster project on my design wall (which reminds me, I've yet to put the flannel on the design wall), but haven't been motivated enough yet to actually work on it.  The Dresden plate still needs to be stitched to the background, and the sixth block, an appliqued rooster, still needs to be designed and pieces cut and prepped.  Then I need to decide how wide to make the sashing strips and which fabric to use.  This project is a 100% hand-stitched effort - the goal is to have one hand-stitch finish, including the quilting, in my lifetime.  I'd better get busy, it's been over six years already, and there's still lots to do!

Used This Week: 0 yards
Used Year to Date:  8 yards  
Added This Week:  7 yards
Added Year to Date: 46.69 yards  
Net Used / Added for 2015: 38.69 yards 

Linking @ Patchwork Times

6 comments:

  1. Great fabrics. I am drawn to dots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on winning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! The fabrics are quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on winning such a great prize. Those are some nice looking fabrics to add to your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love fabric quite.To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:http://www.weaveron.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...