Monday, January 13, 2014

Design Wall Monday

Still on my design wall is Celtic Solstice.  The blocks are now all sewn together.  I am so pleased with this stunning quilt pattern and colors designed by Bonnie K. Hunter.  I've pinned one strip of the pieced border up - I have two strips done, two to do - and am actually liking it.  As I've mentioned before, I don't much care for orange, but this all works together so well, how can I not like it?  The orange is not so much that it overpowers and in the main body of the quilt, the blues, greens and white/creams pop more than the orange.  I still need to choose my inner and outer borders.

It's another busy day with some decluttering and rearranging planned in my dining room, and today is also Nick's first day back to school, and first day at the local high school.  I dropped him off at 7:45 a.m. and I haven't had any phone calls yet, so all seems to be well.  He gets out at 3:00 so I need to get focused (that's my key word for the year - focus) and get the planned chores out of the way, and plan for dinner so that I can get back up here and get some sewing in today.


Oops, almost forgot to add Judy's link:  Patchwork Times ... where there's much to see from other quilters design walls.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Celtic Solstice. I still have to finish piecing mine, but I can't wait to get it done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...