Friday, December 6, 2013

Calli and Celtic Solstice

What a week!  Sure wish I had the energy level portrayed by two of my favorite bloggers.  I'm sure most of you know them: Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville and Judy Laquidara of Patchwork Times.  These ladies put me to shame with all that they accomplish. My activities are no where near theirs, but I'm worn out.  I've had several naps this week.

So here I am at Friday.  Today was the release of the second clue or step of the Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt at Quiltville. I had hoped to get started on that today, and I may yet this evening.  But before I start on the next step, I want to have the first step done.  I had about 10 minutes worth of trimming this morning and said "Done" though I wasn't really sure, because you see, lately my accounting hasn't been spot on so I recounted them.  Oh yeah, blew it again. I am not done, and will be cutting a few more pieces and sewing them up tonight.

And you thought I was kidding about orange(s) for the background.


Remember me?  I'm guarding these orange-background units. 
Of the units with orange background, I needed ## units as I'm making the smaller of the two sizes of quilts the instructions are being provided for.  Would you like to guess how many I have?  Um, only ##.  And I was wondering why I had four orange triangles left over.  But that's still one shy, plus I need all the side triangle wings to go with those five.

Moving on to the neutral background units, I needed ##.  Um, and how many of those do I have?  If you guessed exactly ### you'd be right.  I suppose the wing triangles of the extra four there should have gone on the four "extra" orange triangles and then I'd really only have been short one unit. I am not going to unstitch them and resew to the orange background, I will cut all new pieces of the blue along with the one orange piece needed.

Callli
Remember my little monkey mascot friend from a previous post?  He/she didn't have a name yet, and I couldn't think of anything, so I Googled "names for green monkey" and wouldn't you know, there actually is a 'green monkey' (also known as a Callithrix Monkey so that's where Calli as a name came from) though I was hard-pressed to tell from the online picture that it's 'green' at all, and it certainly isn't green like Calli.  And with a name like Calli, it just sounds feminine so Calli is a she. Calli will keep me company, and I hope she learns to count better than I can.

1 comment:

  1. Calli is a very cute sewing companion!

    started the second clue today but didn't get a lot of sewing done. All that cutting and marking was very time consuming.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...